‘EDUCATING FOR EXCELLENCE’
At Huntingdon Academy, we promote excellence by empowering children to:
- develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity;
- develop a growth mindset;
- become highly motivated life-long learners;
- respect themselves, others and the environment and be respectful of others’ beliefs, cultures and views;
- work independently and collaboratively;
- achieve their full potential in all areas of the curriculum;
- gain advanced technological skills;
- develop effective communication skills in a socially and culturally diverse community;
- take responsibility and become leaders in their own learning;
- to understand the importance of British Values such as liberty and democracy;
- become innovative and creative.
We will ensure that each child will succeed through experiencing quality in:
- a personalised inclusive approach to learning;
- a culture that sets high expectations where underachievement is not tolerated;
- a broad and challenging curriculum, that extends beyond the classroom and school;
- a stimulating learning environment using rich and varied learning resources;
- innovative teaching and an investigative approach to learning;
- an ethos of care, challenge and encouragement;
- learning partnerships between school, home and the community;
- participating in democratic processes within school and across L.E.A.D.
- The school’s visions and values sit within the L.E.A.D. ethos, please click on attached link.